Monday, March 20

Innate Ability




"O....K." I said catching my balance after everything suddenly shifted, "These are new." I stared the huge breasts now protruding from my chest, tucked snugly into the soft, tight, pink dress I now wore.

"Woof? WOOF! Woof..." I heard a dog from behind me.

I spun around as fast as I could in these heels and saw the dog struggling to stand and looking very confused.

"Matt?" I asked the dog.

"WOOF! Grrrr!" It responded.

"It's not my fault! Even if I did know what I was doing, it's called chaos magic for a reason!" I said to the dog.

My friend Matt found a book among his late grandfather's belongings. His grandfather was an old explorer, he traveled all over the world collecting a large collection of curios from all corners of the world. This particular book looked like it would make a cool Halloween decoration. It was written in an archaic language that seemed to be Some kind of Proto-English. I guessed that it was some kind of spell book.

I was very skeptical and decided to go for the ultimate test and try one of the pages that were marked with red ink and had liner notes from his grandfather saying something about unpredictable chaos magic. I read the first page aloud and now Matt and I are in our current situation.

The only good that came from this is that now I don't seem to have any trouble reading the book. The problem is that, now that I can read it, I'm realizing that I'm innately attuned to chaos magic and so any spell I cast will have random consequences.

I don't know how to break that news to Matt that there might be an even worse fate than dog if we try to turn him back. Or that I've decided that I don't want to change back.

No comments:

Post a Comment