Thursday, March 9

Morph Hoop



I was always trying to upstage my sister in everything she did. So, naturally, when she took up the hula hoop I followed suit.

One day, while she was practicing in the driveway, I came up to her and told her that I have a much better routine than she did. Normally, when I do this, she gets annoyed and we get into an argument. This time she simply smiled and encouraged me to show her. She even offered up her hula hoop to me.

I should have seen the red flags but, I was too caught up in the moment. I grabbed the hoop from her hand noticing it felt like it was made of some kind metal.

"Wow! This is a sturdy hoop." I spoke mostly to myself.

"Oh, yeah, bro! Top of the line. I told you I was serious about this hobby." She said gleefully.

"Well, here I go." I said placing the hoop on the ground to pop it up as my routine would start.

As soon as I stepped into the hoop, I felt an electric charge run through my body. I was disoriented and felt strange.

"OMG! You turned out great!" My sister ran up to me excitedly.

"What Are you-" I stopped and coughed, "What- What's wrong with my voice?"

"Oh, there's something I need to tell you, sweet brother, or sister now, of mine. I wasn't really trying to get into hula hooping. I was actually spending all my time building this morphing hoop for my science fair project. I needed a test subject and tricking you into using it was by far the easiest thing I've ever had to do." She giggled and grabbed the hoop away from me while I was distracted checking myself out, "This thing does great work. You're a cutie!" She quipped rubbing it in with a wide smile.

"Change me back!" I shouted, stomping my heeled foot and stumbling slightly.

"Tell you what, sis." She beamed in delight at calling me that, "Work on a hoop routine that impresses me and I might consider changing you back."

So, this has been my new life for the past month. Turns out her morph hoop does more than just physically morph, It pulls a representation of you from another dimension into this one. Nobody remembers the male me except for my sister. I'm starting to think she might have been lying about changing me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment